January 2014 – Present (1 year) Greater Boston Area
PAN Communications is an award-winning public relations agency that utilizes all media and disciplines to increase awareness and opportunities to achieve our clients’ business objectives. As an integrated communications partner to companies that lead their industries or those that aspire to, PAN drives strategic public relations for technology, digital, consumer engagement and healthcare & life sciences brands.
– Signiant (2014 Technology and Engineering Emmy Award Recipient)
– LoopPay Inc (2014 Gold BellRinger for Campaign Launch and Honors for Online Placement)
– Perfecto Mobile
Previous clients include:
– SDL Social
Account Executive in the Technology/ B2B practice.
• Develop a solid understanding of the client’s products and services, markets and competitors
• Establish and maintain working relationships with bloggers, trade, vertical and regional media
• Formulate pitches and secure news coverage for client
• Responsible for identifying industry trends & developing proactive/creative pitches
• Engage and demonstrate presence in team and client meetings
• Responsible for wire service set-up and dissemination
• Partner with Account Managers or Senior Associates in drafting/writing press releases
• Responsible for uncovering speaking/award opportunities, if needed
• Attend tradeshows/media and analyst tours; if applicable
• Work with teams to drive analyst relations program as needed by client
• Responsible for team administrative support as directed
Am a mentor and “shadow” to incoming interns and Junior Associate level employees.
Strong Relationships with the following publications:
Bloomberg, BostInno, Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal, eWeek, IMAGINE Magazine, eContent Magazine, TechTarget, Computerworld, CMSWire, CIO.com, CRN, Linux Journal, SD Times, Talkin’ Cloud, ZDNet, The Register, App Developer Magazine, OpenSource.com, IT Business Edge, DevOps.com and many more.
September 2013 – Present (1 year 4 months) Greater Boston Area
Co-Chair with Erin Caron.
The PRSA Boston Young Professionals Network (YPN) is a group of communications professionals with under five years of post-graduate industry experience. YPN’s mission is to help bridge the gap between those who are new to the industry or have only been working for a few years with some of the most experienced professionals in the area. YPN puts on a series of networking and professional development events each year.
Events and workshops are discounted for PRSA/PRSSA members. To join YPN, simply attend our next event or email PRSABostonYPN@gmail.com for more information.
Currently working on building up the mentoring program as well.
September 2013 – January 2015 (1 year 4 months) Greater Boston Area
Part of the event and planning committee for the 2013-2014 PRSA calendar.
Focus on the PRSA Boston 3rd Annual Social Media Summit – 2014 — Social Crossroads.
January 2013 – January 2015 (2 years) Wayland, MA
– Take notes/minutes for all meetings that take place at the theater
– Mailing and communication with members of Vokes Theater
– Some box office and usher responsibilities carrying over into my current position
Formerly as Member At Large (2013):
– Coordinating ushers and box office shifts
– Improving communication to theatre subscribers and current active members
– Planning and hosting events for subscribers, members and the theater patrons
– Re-start advertising program beginning 2014 season
– Wayland 375th anniversary planning (Events June 2013-June 2014)
September 2013 – July 2014 (11 months)Greater Boston Area
Corporate and Nonprofit membership focus. Reach out to individuals whose memberships are near expiration to discuss options and remind members of upcoming events
August 2012 – January 2014 (1 year 6 months)Waltham, MA
– Fiserv/ Fiserv Biller
– Schwartz MSL Research Team (new business research & client analysis)
– Kimberly Clark-Professional Cleaning and Hygiene
– Kimberly-Clark Professional Healthy Workplace Project
– West Pharmaceutical Services
– Nektar Therapeutics
Have placed articles and facilitated interviews for:
– Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
– Bank Innovation
– Main Street (TheStreet.com)
– The Plain Dealer
– Cleaning and Maintenance Management Magazine
– Mommy Bloggers, etc.
Performing administrative duties including monitoring the media, creating clips, briefing pages, creating weekly/monthly reports, daily/weekly/biweekly news searches, coverage grids, byline editing, award writing/editing, agenda updates and client calls. Building media lists, editorial calendar grids for pitching purposes and pitching to targeted media outlets. Building basic relationships with media outlets and reporters. Writing and distributing press releases and pitches to targeted media markets. Arranging and facilitating interviews with a client’s personnel and members of the media.
May 2012 – August 2012 (4 months)Greater Boston Area
– Research on various topics for blog posts, vertical specific ideas/content, etc.
– Brainstorming social media strategy for technology client Logitech (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
– Global marketing and initiatives in Mexico, Istanbul, Russia, the Middle East and the UK
– Metrics/measurement/data driven projects for Likeable and Logitech
– Work with all teams on projects and initiatives that need to be completed for the clients on a time sensitive basis.
January 2012 – May 2012 (5 months) Syracuse, New York Area
– Writing and distributing press releases and media alerts
– Assisting with content creation and publication
– Managing social media
– Planning and implementing promotion of MedTech’s programs and annual conference
August 2011 – May 2012 (10 months)Syracuse, New York
– Supervise assigned undergraduate/graduate team
– Liaison between client and team
– Create weekly agendas
– Moderate biweekly team meetings
– Delegate projects to team members
– Approve final edits
Client was Broodr.com; a technology start-up in New York City founded by Jason Blanck (Newhouse Alum). Focused on social media (especially Twitter).
– Creation of social media guide and tactics
– Weekly schedule of tweets from team members
– Research on effective search tags and discussion topics.
Started awareness campaign on Syracuse University campus with posters and postcards.
– 5 poster designs created and 1 postcard design created
– 1 event held in Schine Student Center
( 100 names added to email/newsletter list)
( Increase in number of orders on website)
Clients was the Edventure Partners Medical Reserve Corps. Volunteer Challenge. A team of 5 (competition maximum) competed against 13 other schools in the country to:
– Create an integrated marketing communication plan
( Goal: Increase volunteer recruitment for the MRC )
– Basic primary and secondary research: Online Survey, Focus Groups of Syracuse University Students, Interviews with local Medical Reserve Corps, Interviews with young medical professionals in Syracuse, Readings on volunteerism and participation.
– Creation of: SWOT, Needs Analysis, Goals and Objectives, Strategies and Tactics, Budget, Timeline and Recommendations.
– Creation of Toolkit including: A Recruitment Letter, Letterhead, Awareness poster, feedback/evaluation survey, Awareness survey, etc.
January 2011 – May 2011 (5 months)Milton, MA
– Publicity for museum events such as fundraisers and weekend tours
– Education of museum to local middle/high school students
– Museum organization/filing
– Setting up of exhibits
– Wrote weekly blog
– Use of Photoshop and Indesign to create posters,programs, brochures, etc.
*Continue to volunteer and create freelance work from them.
September 2010 – May 2011 (9 months)
Helped graduate and undergraduate student in one-on-one meetings to develop skills in outlining and delivering speeches and presentations. 30 minute meetings to work on form, wording and theme. Position required a semester long Rhetoric and Pedagogy class reading the works for Sophocles and Aristotle.
August 2009 – May 2011 (1 year 10 months) Milton, MA
Tour guide, student ambassadors, phone calls, filing, open houses, etc
June 2010 – August 2010 (3 months) Burlington, Massachusetts
Marketing research in different verticals such as hospitals, real estate, and banks.
– Off-site discussions with clients on their current security and changes they might want to implement in the future.
– Sales calls, data sheets. Mailing and secretarial work also included.
January 2009 – August 2009 (8 months) DeWitt, New York
– Fully-trained barista proudly brewing Starbucks products.
– Cook and serve Cheesecake Factory confections.
– Stock, inventory and ordering of food service items.